Find another way to get a thrill

When I was younger, I heard people talk about Spanish fly drug as if it were a good thing. They mentioned taking some random drops and having an awesome night with someone they were enamored with. Basically, they made it seem like something harmless that people would take if their goal was to get a bit frisky

When I was in my late teens, I read a book about a girl who ingested so much of it that she ended up hurting herself after being attacked by several guys. Nothing about that seemed fun, so I figured by this time that Spanish fly is not as harmless and fun as people had always said it was.

I decided to look it up one time to see what it was all about. Basically, this is actually a beetle that is poisonous. Many people actually believed that it had these aphrodisiac properties and they placed it on several areas of the body and it did not have the effect that they wanted.

Not only does this cause blisters and burning of the mouth, but it can cause sores and bleeding in other areas of the body as well. This is clearly not something that anyone should be taking as a stimulant. Unfortunately, there have been cases where people have lost their lives as a result of this poison. It is insane to think that people died from using something they thought would heighten their pleasure.

I do not see this touted as much as it was when I was younger. This is probably because more people are aware of how dangerous this is. They are also aware that many products that were marketed as Spanish fly were knockoffs. I guess this means that people will have to find another way to get a thrill.

You may also like